Here are answers to common questions regarding Shoreline Fire Department. Please review the FAQ to see if your question is answered. If you still have questions, you can give us a call at (206) 533-6500.

See CPR Classes for more information.

Yes, you can stop by any station, 7 days a week, from 8:00am to 5:00pm. The stations have complimentary blood pressure cards to give you a record of your blood pressure checks.

Yes! Shoreline Fire Department has three National Child Passenger Safety Certified Technicians to teach Shoreline, Woodway, Lake Forest Park and Kenmore residents how to install car seats correctly.  Please use our online form to schedule an appointment.

If you live outside the cities listed above click here to find a Child Passenger Safety Technician near you.

No. Please contact Shoreline Recycling and Transfer Station. They accept sharps in approved, hazardous waste containers. 2300 N 165th Street, (206) 477-4466.

We contract with a company called Systems Design for our medical transport billing. Contact them at: 1-800-238-9398. They will answer your questions and assist you with any financial hardship issues.

No. That can be done by private companies that specialize in extinguishers. However, if you have questions about your extinguisher, or about home fire safety in general, please contact our Fire Marshal’s Office at (206) 533-6565 or

Puget Sound Clean Air Agency (PSCAA) regulates indoor and outdoor burning in the urban areas of King County. Shoreline Fire works closely with PSCAA to help enforce outdoor burning regulations. The burning of yard debris, construction materials, or trash is not allowed at any time. For more information on indoor and outdoor burning restrictions, call PSCAA at (206) 343-8800 or visit them on the web at Puget Sound Clean Air Agency. Updated burn ban information is always available from their hotline: 1.800.595.4341.  Please also refer to the King County Fire Marshal’s website for additional information on outdoor burning and burn bans.

Please check the King County Fire Marshal’s information page regarding the current status of fire safety burn bans in the area.  You may also contact Puget Sound Clean Air Agency (PSCAA) to determine if a clean air burn ban is in effect or call 800.595.4341Click here for more information on how to file a complaint.

No, they are BANNED in Shoreline, Lake Forest Park and Kenmore. Please call surrounding cities for their current ordinance regarding fireworks.

Depending where you live, please call Shoreline Police at (206) 801-2701, Lake Forest Park Police at (206) 364-8216, Kenmore Police at (206) 296-3311.  Dial 9-1-1 if there is a firework related injury and/or fire.

People often think we rescue cats from trees, but we rarely do this. Our mission is to protect human life and property, and to respond to fire, medical and rescue emergencies for our residents. We rely on tree experts and arborists to help with cat-in-tree incidents. Animal rescue and shelter organizations will provide referrals. Another excellent resource is www.canopycatrescue or call (253) 324-0524.

The Fire Marshal’s Office has record of tanks being decommissioned from January 2004 through the present day.  Please have the address available when calling the Fire Marshal’s Office for tank decommissioning information.  If you believe a tank was decommissioned before January 2004, depending the City you are inquiring about, the City of Shoreline, Lake Forest Park or Kenmore will have tank decommissioning records.  Questions regarding commercial tanks should be directed to the Cities.

No, the money does not directly benefit Shoreline Fire Department. Part of that money is used for lobbying issues in Olympia on behalf of firefighters and their safety. The other portion is paid to the company who does the soliciting on behalf of the WSCFF. If you have any complaints or would like more information, you may contact the WSCFF directly at 360-943-3030 or visit them online at The Shoreline Fire Department does not call residents to ask for donations of any kind.

Shoreline Fire units are dispatched according to the information provided to the 9-1-1 emergency dispatcher. We have developed response plans based upon the resources that could be necessary for each type of event. For example:  a cardiac arrest call requires at least seven, and ideally even more personnel. Our goal is to have firefighters arrive in five minutes or less. The first arriving vehicle may be an engine, an aid car, a rescue truck, or a command staff vehicle. The first arriving crew will set up a plan of action and communicate this plan to other responding units—which could include more engines, a medic unit, and perhaps another Command Unit or MSO (medical services officer) rig.

If you live in the City of Shoreline, call the Customer Response Team (CRT) at (206) 801-2700.  If you live in the City of Lake Forest Park call them at (206)368-5440.  If you live in the City of Kenmore call them at (425) 398-8900.