Shoreline Fire Cadet Program
The Shoreline Fire Cadet Program offers young men and women an opportunity to explore a career in the fire service. The Cadet Program involves many hands-on and team oriented learning activities while training along side career firefighters. Each Cadet will learn mental and physical wellness, a sense of self-responsibility, personal growth, leadership, teamwork and firefighting skills.
To qualify for the program, you must:
- Be between the ages of 16-20 years old (ages outside of this will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Be in good physical condition (must pass the Cadet physical ability test)
- Meet required attendance expectations
- Be enrolled in or a graduate of a high school or GED program
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Have a strong desire to pursue a career as a firefighter
Time Commitment: Saturdays, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Shoreline Fire Department Headquarters. Must meet 75% attendance requirement.
Cost: $90 enrollment fee and $10 per month in membership dues. Shoreline Fire Department will provide a helmet, bunker coat, bunker pants, bunker boots, leather gloves, uniform and books. Financial assistance is available.